Friday, August 31, 2007

Flex 2.0.1 HotFix 3 indeed helpful

Recently I was working on a webservice application in Flex and had a real tough time with it. The webservice was not getting resolved and I was continuously slapped with a ‘WSDL.BadElement’ error. I was clueless, as the same webservice was working nicely with SAP Netweaver Visual Composer. This meant that there was some problem with Flex. While Googling for a solution I came across Flex 2.0.1 Hotfix 3. I quickly downloaded it and followed the steps for its installation as mentioned on the web site.
Darn!! The error was gone and my application was running smoothly. Thanks to Hotfix 3

Adobe Flex 2.0.1 Hotfix 3 is really handy when your Flex application is not able to resolve a webservice call. Typically, you get errors like faultString = ‘WSDL.BadElement’ or ‘element not resolvable’ or sometimes flash player doesn’t return any runtime errors. At this point try installing Adobe Flex 2.0.1 Hotfix 3 on Flex builder 2 and it will resolve these problems.

One more interesting finding when I tried to call the same webservice with Flex Builder 3; it was not giving me ‘BadElement’ error. Cool!! It means that Adobe has resolved all the major issues in Flex 2 and is ready with Flex Builder 3.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi,
I am interested in your Flex expertise. Would you kindly reply and let me know if you or someone you know is interested in some Flex/Air development opportunity?

Thanks,
Susan

Rahul Mainkar said...

Hi Susan,
It would be helpful for me as well as all the readers of this blog to know more about the opportunity.
That will give us some more to think upon.

Rahul Mainkar said...

Susan,
You can mail me on rahul[dot]mainkar[at]gmail[dot]com