Friday, July 6, 2007

Action Script 3.0 Cook Book :Review

So as this book got lauded from every corner of the world, I, being learning Flex and Action Script 3.0, was hunting for it. To my surprise, it was available in India in a low price edition. So I asked my company librarian to procure this book as soon as possible.
I read this book entirely and I must say that it is definitely one of the best books on Action Script 3.0. Thanks Joey, Darron, and Keith for the wonderful reading experience.

Action Script 3.0 cook book is a book for developers who are unaware of the power of AS 3.0. I liked the way in which the contents are arranged as well as their flow. You are glued to this book as it is written in a simple language and is comprehensive as well.
Some of the chapter I liked were Bitmaps, Programmatic animations, Sound and Videos.
These chapters explored some of the unsung melodies of Action Script in a very simple manner. AS 3.0 developers, catch hold of these chapters as soon as possible. Also, it gives you some tips and clues to watch out while implementing and I guess this adds more into its credibility. Some topics like Perline noise, Acceleration and springs are fun to learn.

Well enough of my thoughts over its pros, so lets move on to the cons. This book teaches some methods which are not from the AS 3.0 library, instead they have created a separate library called ASCB for this. Now this book discusses some mathematical functions which are included in ASCB and not in AS 3.0 library. This is actually helpful while developing, but somewhere I felt that it is just spoon feeding.

But I really appreciate the efforts of these guys to write such a lovely bible for AS 3.0
I would give 4 out of 5 points to this exciting book.
Catch hold of it people, its worth investing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Rahul,

Liked your blog. I am a webdesign enthusiast. Can you please tell me what skills it does take to become a RIA professional? I want to know the order also in which i should proceed while studying?

Thanks

Anonymous said...

May I ask you a question? valtrex cost http://www.stumbleupon.com/url/tentology.net/buy_valtrex_en-us.html valtrex cost I must go now.

Excuse me... valtrex cost valtrex cost valtrex cost See you soon!